Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Poison eyes

Nothing to report today - just lot's of research. I want to try and give up the booze for at least a month. It's tough because I like it. But it's even more fucked up when I can't remember what I did the night before. The other night after drinking a lot of wine and bourbon I thought I got tanked and passed out so I apologized the next day to a friend for not calling them back. They said, "what do you mean? we talked on the phone for about 45 minutes..." I can't remember anything remotely resembling a conversation that evening. As far as I was concerned I came home and went straight to bed. When I drink I don't just have a glass of wine either- I drink the whole fucking bottle and then find anything else that is alcoholic to drink down. Nothing in moderation for me. Extremism and excess all the way. And yet the beginning of every month is a new opportunity to stop drinking. So the month of March may or may not yeild a success story. We'll see, once the jaundice has drained from my eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home