Saturday, January 29, 2005

Sleepy Drugs

Sleep and drug use seem to go hand and hand. I take too many downers I go to sleep. I take uppers to counteract the downers to avoid sleep. I consider it a waste to ingest anything 10 minutes before passing out, but I still do it for the drifting into stoney sleep effect. I once took acid prior to passing out only to fall asleep and when my bladder woke me up several hours later I was full blown peaking, trip.

Anyhow I thought my six hour a night sleep pattern was optimal but studies show you want 7-9 hours a night! In researching I found the following facts about sleep:

- After five nights of partial sleep deprivation, three drinks will have the same effect on your body as six would when you've slept enough.
Seventeen hours of sustained wakefulness leads to a decrease in performance equivalent to a blood alcohol-level of 0.05%.
- Experts say one of the most alluring sleep distractions is the 24-hour accessibility of the internet.
http://abc.net.au/science/sleep/facts.htm

O.k this basically means, you can save money on beer through sleep deprevation, not only does it make you feel naturally drunk and packs double the punch, but if you are going down for the count and a crash is coming on, you can always pull off some marathon Internet research in the middle of the night without really knowing what the fuck you are doing.

Last week I had a bust on students with Marijuana. It was leaf sans bud and I felt bad for the kids getting busted for such swag. That night I puffed the last of my shake stash, totally pathetic, reeking like cigarettes eventhough it really was herb! "Judge not before you judge yourself" came to mind. The next day at work there was a rumour floating around that I was going to do a schoolwide backpack search as a result of the marijuana incident. Ironic because the day before, I got my big break off a kid who "gave me three (names) and he got to go free" by the end of the day I had two kids in possession and expelled and three kids who confessed smoking pot earlier in the week and got suspended. Now this kid who gave me all the names had in his possession two lighters, and a stash box with one marijuana leaf in it. That would have been enough to had him arrested for possession and expelled (this is a very conservative area when it comes to herb) I instead, told his mom that he had the lighters and a case but no herb. I threw it in the trash thinking what a crime that would be busting someone for that!?!?! During lunch, there were several students in a panic needing to get into their gym lockers. Bingo, I busted two girls one with a bottle of Kaula and the other had a liter size pepsi bottle full of beer (Budweiser) mixed with vodka and tequila! Dude that was core! I got a dry heave just smelling it to figure out what it was. The Kaula to took home, tripping on the vibration of the bottle, which was stolen out of some families house brought to school and slugged by god knows how many students! I don't even like Kaula but like a good acoholic, I counldn't see throwing it away.

one half joint
one half bottle of wine
two beers (12 oz Fat Tire and 12 oz Corona)
Jah Blessings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home