Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Smoke and Jazz

It's evening time. It's a full moon and I hear the notes of jazz dance and strut from my crank radio that sits by my bedside. Today is a good day, there's a lot to be excited about. But today I decided to take two of these darvocet that my grandmother gave me for my separated ribs. After taking these pink pills, I ran some errands. First stop was my accountant and thereafter it was to the post office. It took a good hour for these babies to kick in. Once they did, I started feeling nauseous. Unlike vicodin where you notice a warm fuzzy feeling through your body these had the fuzzy but none of the warm. It misses that opiate element that is present in all drugs derivitave of poppies. The nausea kept increasing so I eventually took a bong hit. Despite me rarely smoking because my lungs just can't handle it, it miraculously removed the nausea element to my experience. Maybe it's one of those drugs you have to get used to. You feel like crap in the beginning but before you know it you're partying with them on a regular basis. One thing I do know, after looking them up, was they love to fuck up your liver. All the good drugs love to bring the liver to the party. And it's for that very reason I know I haven't been taking them. That, and my stepbrother died of liver failure at 24 because he drank way too much.

I know this is a drug log but I have to confess that I have been hitting the gym almost every day and kicking my own ass for over the past month. In spite of all the intoxicants I put into my body, I put a great effort into making sure they are removed. It's weird, I'm really starting to become addicted to it. It's probably the endorphines. If it's not one high it's another. I don't know if I want to call it moderation or extremism. I hate to call it anything at all. It's just life unfolding and burning inside us. So with that. I leave you with this...

To alcohol! The cause of... and solution to all of life's problems!
- Homer Simpson

Goodnight..

DU

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home