Thursday, April 27, 2006

Days Between

I got viral meningetis. No antibiotics, just ride out the course of the virus. It feels like a massive hangover in the head and your body feels like you've been hit by a car, sore all over. Good news, I'm out of work using up my sick days and all I must do is pain management.
The virus put me in the ER as I was truly down for the count. They gave me a big shot in the butt in the ER that made me flash to Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb. True to good drug form I threw up 30 minutes later. No more than two hours later I was dismissed and they gave me two extra strength Vicodines for the road. My perscription was for Hydrocodone along with suppositories to relieve the nausea associated with the Codone,...ah no thanks, bonghits cure nausea just fine! Two days later I'm complaining to this new doctor about the Codone being a little weak, he then hooks me up with Hydromorphone and an additional week off work! Now my wife is regliously serving me up two pills every two hours, even in the middle of the night!! Needless t0 say, I haven't been too active with my writing. I'm jotting down funny shit but just this is maxing out my time sitting up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home