Sunday, January 29, 2006

Pot Butter Recipe

1 ounce of Herb
1 quart of Water
2 sticks of Butter

Take leaf matter and grind it in a coffee bean grinder until powdery. Add the herb to the water and simmer for 10 minutes. Add butter and continue to cook on the lowest setting for 30-60 minutes. The longer the stronger, try not to have it boiling, simmer maximum. If you run low on water add more.
The measurements above are flexible. If your herb sucks double the herb amount, if you want a stronger butter reduce the butter amount and/or add more herb. Water is there just to soften up the herb and to keep things from burning. Always err on the side of too much water versus too little.
I strain through cheesecloth to get the herb out but sometimes I'll leave it all in together, especially when it's used to make brownies. I'll even use the water, although I'm sure if it has anything significant!
Be careful, it's a full body high and usually creeper, I've been known to lick the batter in the bowl of brownies and by the time there were done I was too high to eat them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home