Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Still Sober,..kind of

Of the five new year's resolutions I made, I have good on two of them still. No drinking with an open container and no drinking coffee. The coffee is the hardest because it's all around and I love the bean, the open container one only comes up now and then when I'm driving home after a long day at work and my stomach is grinding from drinking tea all day and I want to switch gears before I get home.
Lately I've been drinking less and ingesting more. Last weekend I ate so much ganja food and drink that I swear my stools smelled like herb! The problem with ganja food and drink is that I usually can't talk with people while under the influence, so I avoid people which makes me more and more fit the type of druggie you only hear about. I haven't gotten to hiding under the bed when company drops by, I certainly feel the effort it takes to get out.
A good friend came by this weekend, I haven't seen him in five years. Now we both had two kids and became fathers. His big trip was that,"Once my daughter was born I decided not to party as much or smoke herb." I said,"Once the second one was born I decided to stay stoned every spare breath!" Well, it turned out that I found myself sneaking away to fill my bong throughout the weekend and being so loaded on ganja food that I probably wasn't making much sense anymore. But I cherished the fact that I was a laid back parent who enjoyed being with my kids and giving them my stoneyass attention. The sober friend on the otherhand, had an edge on him that had a tendency to micro manage every move. He was bitchy, irritable, and controlling. I thought how we had changed from the fun loving single dead heads to the married with children adults. He grew up and took on life in a new and serious manner, and I stayed the same and got lucky. Lucky to have great entertaining children who know more Bob Marley songs than your traditional row row row your boat kind of songs, a challenging career which pays the bilss and allows my wife to stay at home, and a wife who knows me, takes care of me and sees the importance of keeping my herb jar full.
I'm far from sober, but sober enough to know that I'm blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home