Monday, October 24, 2005

When Was the First Time You Got High?

My wife calls me at work. She sounds like she has terrible news. She describes a box that came in the mail for me that she put on the table. After checking her email she discovers that our oldest boy has not only opened the sealed box with a sharp knife but then proceeded to down an entire vial of homeopathic medicine. "My Homeopathic Cannabis!!" I shout without realizing that I was still at work. "That's right and he's O.K. but,....let me put it this way, it certainly works, he's been having hallucinations lying down on the couch for over an hour." I hear him yell, "Give me five I'm still alive!" I hit the anger stage, "Why wouldn't you put those kinds of things out of reach!" She replies, "I called the doctor and he will be fine." I think it's not the child it's the herb but I know better that to say that. I hit the resolution stage, I say in a serious tone, "O.K. well for his consequence he will have to watch the entire DVD I just downloaded,..It's called the Darkside of the Rainbow, It's essentially the picture of The Wizard of Oz set to the soundtrack of Pink Floyd's Darkside of the Moon." She laughs and says, "I'm glad you are back to your old self!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home