Saturday, October 22, 2005

Top Ten

Travelzoo's top ten is always a delightful weekly email. I check out the deals and daydream, occasionally I see something that is hard to shake.
Amsterdam: 4 nights lodging, roundtrip, daily breakfast, canal cruise, and tickets to a museum celebrating Rembrandts birthday. And wait departing during a time when I have a random week off in February. Wait there's more! All this for $399.99!! (taxes and fees approx. $200, departure from New York, California residences add $189)
So I obsess for 24 hours, I picture being a judge at some annual Cannabis Competition, or with a group of pros like us. Then I daydream about going solo, most endings are tragic so I decide I must at least go with a friend, then I do the math in the small print and realize that I could always buy and smoke a bag of herb big enough to make me believe I'm in Amsterdam. And the high could easily last straight night 4 nights. With that realization, I found myself done with the whole jones. There is always next week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Six continents pray for B.J.
The little things brought tears to the eyes of B.J. Higgins' father, Brent Higgins, when speaking of his son.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to how to repair a road bicycle on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like how to repair a road bicycle!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks but unlike you, I don't need to pray for BJs.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home