Thursday, November 09, 2006

Ants

We have ants, millions of ants, enough to freak out. Ants in the garbage, ants on the floor, ants covering the honey jar, ants on dirty dishes and the coffee grinds spilled in the freezer, turn out to be a massive number of frozen ants. They are everywhere, we have to refrigerate and freeze sweets to keep the ants away. Despite the fact they are an annoyance and in mass numbers, freak me out they have another side which I observed. They are small little black ants with a mission. They are cooperative, hard working and strong compared to body mass. Why would they annoy anyone? They don’t bite, they stay in a pretty tight line? Then I thought, what would happen if they received some second hand smoke? So I conducted an experiment but by the time I was exhaling I swore I saw them do the cha cha, a real quick back and forth kind of move. Then during the next session, I started seeing them in a 3 dimensional telephoto zoom kind of way, and by the time they were breathing and bubbling with the rhythm of my our breath, I called it quits, in fact I forgot why I had successfully hot boxed the garage. I stepped over the line of ants and went back inside my house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home