Friday, December 17, 2004

Too much of everything is just enough

Staff party day:

3 shots of tequilla
1 jagermeister
3 beers
1 rum and coke
4 bts

What I hate about our staff partys is that no one really partys, instead the Christian coilition, just bad trips you after one beer, "Are you O.K. to drive?!" "It sounds like your speech is slurred, is someone else taking you home?" It's so bad that:
a. I went and had a beer and a shot prior to even getting to the restuarant where we had the party.
b. I went with a couple of cool employees to the bar section of the restuarant, like we were sneaking out of the party to quickly slam tequilla shots (this took place three times).

Now I've heard that if you are under stress you get drunker quicker, I found that incorrect,...I think you drink more when you are stressed out.

And the drive home was topped off with a beer between my legs. My boss called (just as I thought we were done with the party and comments) and said, "Are you O.K.? you just passed me like I was standing still!" I wanted to say, well the G force helps the beer go down quicker, but I did my best not to slurr and not to sound in too good of a mood, "Oh I'm just going with the flow!" Kind of like my own inside joke that was contextually appropriate!

1 Comments:

Blogger David P Bennett said...

My favorite quote from you: "My boss called (just as I thought we were done with the party and comments) and said, "Are you O.K.? you just passed me like I was standing still!" I wanted to say, well the G force helps the beer go down quicker, "

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home